CHAIRMAN’S STATEMENT – COVID-19
The following is a summary of changes to the LNRS programme as a result of COVID-19 restrictions.
- The March talk, and all subsequent talks up to and including May have been cancelled. The AGM that was scheduled for 21st May has been postponed.
- Some of the cancelled talks have been re-scheduled for 2020/21.
- The 2020/21 programme of talks has been arranged and details circulated.
- Council intend to commence the 2020/2021 season of talks in September if restrictions are lifted. If not, Council are arranging to film the talks and upload them into the member’s area of the website.
- The postponed AGM will be held concurrently with the meeting of 19th November 2020 at the Athenaeum. It will be held by video conference if restrictions still apply.
- The Chairman’s Report and full-year accounts for 2019-20 are now available in the members’ area of the website. These will be presented formally at the AGM in November.
- Face to face Council meetings have been suspended but members of Council have been meeting weekly using a video conference link. Quarterly Council meetings will continue in accordance with the existing schedule, either at the Athenaeum or by video link.
- Monday meetings had already ceased due to the closure of the archives. MMM is closed until further notice.
- The Bulletin will be published as usual, certainly in digital format and it is anticipated that the September issue will be available in print format as well.
- The website will continue to be updated and information concerning Council’s plans will be posted.
Please also note that while the Merseyside Maritime Museum remains closed, they are unable to accept letters addressed to the Society. If you have any questions or require further information, please get in touch via the contact page or by email to email@example.com.